Lifetimely vs Peel Insights
A quick look at how Peel Insights’ features and pricing compare to Lifetimely.
Whether you’re new to the market, looking to make a switch, or simply curious about what else is out there, it’s helpful to have at least a high-level understanding of the major solutions available to you.
Here, we break down the key selling points and differences between Lifetimely and Peel Insights.
To see how other alternatives compare to Lifetimely, click here
|All plans under $150/mo|
|Pricing not tied to revenue|
|All basic integrations (Google, FB, Bing)|
|Integrations with all other major ad platforms (Snapchat, Pinterest, and TikTok)||(No Snapchat)|
|Comprehensive P&L metrics|
|Advanced Customization Options|
|Lifetime Value cohort analysis|
|Month-to-month LTV projections|
- Lifetimely offers similar or better versions of all of Peel Insights' plans at more affordable prices.
- Peel Insights’ pricing increases with your revenue up to $1000/month despite providing the same set of features.
- All Lifetimely’s plans are under $149/month. Pricing does not increase with revenue.
The Peel Insights Essentials plan ($499/month) and includes integrations with Google Ads, Facebook/META, Snapchat, Tiktok, Pinterest and Amazon Ads.
At $34/month, Lifetimely's BASIC plan provides a complete P&L along with inventory metrics, order tracking, and integrations with all of your major ad accounts.
The Peel Insights Accelerate plan (min $899/month) is relatively comparable to Lifetimely PRO features, but starts at 6x the cost. Then as your revenue grows, you pay higher and higher prices for the same set of features.
But at Lifetimely, you'll never pay more than $250/month no matter how much you grow.
Our Pro plan includes a long list of features (month-to-month LTV projections, industry benchmarks, LTV drivers and more) that Peel Insights lacks even in their custom-priced tier. Lifetimley also integrates with Amazon, giving you the same powerful reporting for an additional $75/month.
- Lifetimely and Peel Insights share most of the same integrations.
- Lifetimely has a Amazon integration that Peel Insights lacks.
- Peel Insights can incorporate customer survey data via an integration with KnoCommerce.
- Lifetimely also has a ShipStation integration for more accurate cost tracking.
Amazon, Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google Sheets, Microsoft Ads, Klaviyo, Pinterest Ads, ReCharge, ShipBob, ShipStation, Snapchat Ads, Slack, TikTok Ads.
Amazon, Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Klaviyo, Kno Commerce, Microsoft Ads, Pinterest Ads, ReCharge, Slack, TikTok Ads.
(*as of October 2023)
Metrics and Reporting
- Lifetimely’s and Peel Insights’ P&L metrics and marketing metrics are comprehensive and roughly equivalent.
- Both Lifetimely and Peel Insights calculate LTV via cohort analysis with additional metrics and filters.
- Lifetimely’s LTV reporting is significantly more robust.
Despite some variation in terms, definitions, and presentation, both Lifetimely and Peel Insights provide a comprehensive list of P&L metrics including campaign-level marketing data.
A few potentially meaningful differences:
- Lifetimely includes more inventory data (metrics like inventory value, sales velocity, and days of stock left).
LTV and other advanced metrics
Like Lifetimely, Peel Insights applies cohort analysis to calculate customer lifetime value (LTV). They provide some alternative metrics for measuring LTV, they offer useful filtering capabilities to further segment your cohorts, and they have additional customer behavior reports on repurchase rates and other metrics.
But overall, Lifetimely’s customer behavior reports - especially the LTV report - are much more robust. They include more LTV metrics, more filtering options, and more tools for deriving actionable insights from your data.
Lifetimely also includes several tools and reports that make your advanced metrics much easier to understand and act on (Peel Insights lacks all of these):
- CAC breakeven analysis to identify where profit generated from each cohort surpasses the cost of acquiring customers in that cohort.
- Compare cohorts feature for apples-to-apples comparisons of how different customer traits influence LTV.
- Customer product journey maps for planning effective winback campaigns.
- LTV drivers report for automated insights on the factors underlying your highest and lowest LTV customers.
But perhaps the biggest differentiator is that Lifetimely is the only app to offer month-to-month projections of LTV. We’ll cover this below.
Lifetime Value Report with predictive data
Other major features and selling points
- Peel Insights has several convenient tools for dashboards and report customization.
- Almost all of Peel Insights features are offered by other apps.
- Lifetimely is the only app on the market with monthly LTV projections, industry benchmarks, and other automated reports.
Where Peel Insights distinguishes itself is with its customization options for the main dashboard and for basic reports. They allow you to cherrypick the metrics and reports to feature in your dashboard, and they have a convenient feature that allows you to add your own notes or comments to reports. You can also build your own daily/weekly reports with your choice of metrics and display them in Slack.
But Peel Insights doesn’t have any sort of “hook”. Virtually all of their features have equivalents in Lifetimely and in most other alternatives.
On the other hand, Lifetimely includes several major features that no other competitor can offer. Among these, the highest value-adds are:
- Month-to-month LTV projections: Many apps measure historical LTV, but only Lifetimely gives you AI-generated projections of how much each of your cohorts will continue to spend over time. These LTV projections are the most actionable metrics available for revenue forecasting, financial planning, and customer-centric marketing.
- Industry benchmarks: Our Benchmarks tool shows you how your KPIs stack up versus your competitors by charting your major metrics on a bell curve of other Shopify stores. This helps you set achievable business goals and identify which metrics have the greatest room for improvement. No other app on the market has a comparable tool.
Benchmarks against other stores in your category
Conclusion - which is best for you?
Peel Insights is a good option if:
- You’re primarily looking for software to generate and share custom reports with a team, especially via Slack.
- Pricing and LTV analytics are lesser factors in your decision.
Otherwise, the Lifetimely plans offers much stronger sets of features at significantly more affordable prices.
Even the Lifetimely PLUS plan, which includes LTV projections, industry benchmarks, and other premium reports that drastically increase the utility of your data, costs less than their mid-tier plan.
And for stores with higher sales volume, you can save over 6x on a Lifetimely PLUS subscription vs Peel Insights Pro.
If you’d like to give us a try, you can sign up for our FREE plan or give one of our premium plans a free 14-day trial here.
And if you have any questions, just shoot us an email at [email protected]. We’d love to hear from you!
Start a free trial of any of AMP’s tools today.